Black Princesses head coach Charles Sampson says competition for places has given his technical team a difficult selection decision ahead of the 2026 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Poland.
Ghana have been preparing at the Ghanaman Soccer Centre of Excellence in Prampram since July 5, with Sampson encouraged by the intensity of training and performances from the players.
The coach says the squad is taking shape, although the quality and competitiveness of the players have made it challenging to determine his final squad.
“Training has been very good. All the girls in camp are responding to training very well and it’s been competitive. We have some of our girls with the Black Queens in Morocco who will join us later. But so far, the team is taking shape ahead of the World Cup,” he said.
Sampson admitted that selecting the final group of players has become a headache, but described it as a positive problem for his technical team.
“Because of how competitive the girls have been, it’s been difficult to select my final squad. They have given me good headache and I can’t complain. This is the level we want to see all the players at.”
However, injuries have provided a setback during preparations, with some players and goalkeepers ruled out.
“For injuries, we have not been so lucky. We’ve lost some players as well as goalkeepers to injury which is quite unfortunate.”
Ghana will play friendlies in Poland before opening their campaign against Ecuador on September 6.
Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 546310076.
Read Full Story
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+
YouTube
LinkedIn
RSS